Having the best golf shoes is almost as important as having the best golf clubs. But you must also remember that everyone’s taste and fit is different from one another. Therefore, you should carefully read the reviews and product description of the shoes before you buy one.
Below are tips in buying the best golf shoes:
• Comfort - You must make sure that it has a perfect fit. It must completely wrap around your feet and must have little to no pressure points. Your shoes must have enough padding to prevent chafing. The comfort of your shoes will also affect your performance especially that golf involves a lot of walking and pressure shifts on your feet.
• Performance – The best golf shoes have strong grip and traction. This will give you more balance and stability. Plastic spikes are now the standard and metal spikes are discouraged because it damages the green.
• Brand and Style - The style of the shoe is actually a personal preference. You can also choose from the classic golf shoe, golf boots, and golf sandals. The top best golf footwear brands today are: Ecco, Nike, Footjoy, and Callaway.
• Material – Having the right material for your shoes will also affect your performance. You can choose from leather, polyester and waterproof linings.
• Waterproofing - Golf footwear today are more breathable and more waterproof. But in very heavy conditions golf boots are more practical than the classic.
• Price – If you are really serious with your game, you should consider having the best shoes as an investment. You can buy a good pair from 50 to 100 US$ but you should always be on the lookout for discounts and great deals.
Best Golf Shoes for Men:
Callaway Men’s Ft Chev Saddle
Ecco Men’s World Class GTX
Callaway Men’s XTT LT
Stuar & Laud Men’s Philip Shoe
ASICS Men’s Gel-Tour Lyte
Best Golf Shoes for Women:
Sesto Meucci Women’s Gabian
Callaway Women’s Couture Moc
Nike’s Women Air Summer Lite III
Footjoy Women’s Dry Joys
Where to buy the best golf shoes?
There are many stores and sites that offer golf gears but you must take advantage of websites that review the best-selling and the latest models. Big online stores such as Amazon, Endless.com and Endless.com are also good places to get discounts and great deals. They have a lot of golf footwear to choose from in different brands. They also have a good return policy so if you are not satisfied with your purchase, you can ship it back.