Knowing and having the right suits for men is very important. A man is expected to have at least a pair of men’s suit in his closet. Everyday life brings us surprises we don’t expect. Occasions, celebrations and unexpected events just come without our knowing such as weddings, anniversaries, birthdays, formal parties and even job interviews.
Now when this happens are you going to panic buy for men’s suit because you do not have it? Are you just going to grab whatever men’s suit you see in a shopping mall? Or worst borrow from someone else suit? Of course not! A real man is expected to own his own suit.
They say what you wear is who you are. The personality you project on your clothing expresses what kind of person you are. If you wear formal clothing like men’s suit, it shows that you are an organized, formal, confident and smart person. It is in the way you dress. How you match your suit to your pants, tie and shoes and of course your personality as a man can also be define.
Choosing the right fabric of men’s suit is an important thing a man must know. Fabric for suit includes rayon, merino, wool, polyester, cotton, silk, linen and more. This fabric differs in terms of quality and durability.
For men’s suit nowadays, wool fabric is common and mostly used by men while tailored suits are the best choice but quite expensive because it customizes to fit an individual frame.
men’s suit needs proper caring to preserve its look. It is important to know how to take care of it. A suit that is well taken care of is a suit that lasts for years.
Here are few tips on how to properly care men’s suit:
1. Put instructions on how to wash and handle the suit too.
2. At least once or twice a year, dry clean your suit.
3. Find a good dry cleaning service.
4. Use a streamer if you want to remove wrinkles on your suit to make it look crisp and fresh.
5. Put your suit in a shadow and airy place for quite a time before placing it in your closet or wardrobe.
6. Avoid putting too much pressure in your suit like bulging materials inside the pockets such as keys, pens, jewelry, lighters, smoke etc. Links and stains are hard to remove.
7. Choose an appropriate hanger to hang your suit with.
8. Make it a habit to brush your suit before placing it to your wardrobe or closet.
9. Do not forget to unbutton your jacket every time you seat and pull your pants up a little bit to avoid too much stretch of fabric on your pants.
Taking responsibility in caring for men’s suit is the key to look good and attractive no matter how old the suit is. Proper grooming of suit also protects your investment especially if it is a tailored suit. Suits last for years if properly cared. Remember, a piece of suit you wear projects you’re grooming as a man.